About the Authors
- Peter C Bull, Sue Kyes, Kevin Marsh, Chris I Newbold
- Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Peter C Bull, Moses M Kortok, Kevin Marsh
- Wellcome Trust/Kenya Medical Research Institute Collaborative Programme, Kilifi, Kenya
- Matthew Berriman, Michael A Quail
- Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, United Kingdom
- Neil Hall
- The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
PCB, SK, KM, and CIN conceived and designed the study. PCB, SK, MB, MMK and MAQ performed the experiments. MB provided overall management of DNA sequencing. MAQ managed the DBL libraries and ensured clones from each library were made available for sequencing. NH managed sample processing and DNA sequencing. PCB analyzed the data and wrote the paper. MB, SK, KM, and CIN revised drafts of the paper.