About the Authors
- Diana L Martin, D. Brent Weatherly, Mark Heiges, Charles S Rosenberg, Rick L Tarleton
- Center for Tropical and Emerging Global Diseases, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States of America
- Susana A Laucella, Miriam Postan
- Instituto Nacional de Parasiologia Dr. Mario Fatala Chaben/Administración Nacional de Laboratorios e Institutos de Salud “Dr. Carlos G. Malbrán” (ANLIS/Malbran), Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Melissa A Cabinian, Sarah H Craven, Charles S Rosenberg
- Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States of America
- Matthew T Crim, Susan Sullivan, Matthew H Collins, Rick L Tarleton
- Department of Cellular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States of America
- Alessandro Sette
- La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, California, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
DLM conducted the murine experiments except where noted. DBW performed the bioinformatics for all studies. SAL and MP performed the human studies and studies on the HLA-A2 transgenic mice (Figure S2). SS and MH carried out the initial identification of ts epitopes (Table S1). MAC, SHC, CSR, and MHC provided experimental data for Tables S1 and S2. MTC did initial in vivo cytotoxic T lymphocyte studies of ts epitopes (Figure 1B). AS determined the HLA-A2–binding affinities of peptides and predicted the H-2Kb–binding affinities of peptides. RLT provided the financial and intellectual support for all studies.