About the Authors
- Natalia A. Ilyushina, Elena A. Govorkova, Robert G. Webster
- Division of Virology, Department of Infectious Diseases, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
- Natalia A. Ilyushina
- Laboratory of Virus Physiology, The D.I. Ivanovsky Institute of Virology RAMS, Moscow, Russia
- Thomas E. Gray
- Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States of America
- Nicolai V. Bovin
- Laboratory of Carbohydrate Chemistry, Shemyakin Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Moscow, Russia
- Robert G. Webster
- Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Designed, coordinated, and conducted all the experiments, and contributed to manuscript preparation: NI. Supervised the experiments with NHBE cells: TG. Synthesized sialoglycoconjugates with different inner saccharide residues used in this study to characterize the receptor specificity of recombinant H5N1 viruses: NB. Supervised the entire project, designed and coordinated most of the experiments, and contributed to manuscript preparation: EG and RW.