About the Authors
- Jonathan S. Towner, Tara K. Sealy, César G. Albariño, Serena A. Reeder, James A. Comer, Pierre E. Rollin, Thomas G. Ksiazek, Stuart T. Nichol
- Special Pathogens Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Marina L. Khristova
- Scientific Resources Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Sean Conlan, Phenix-Lan Quan, W. Ian Lipkin
- Center for Infection and Immunity, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York, United States of America
- Robert Downing, Jordan W. Tappero
- Global AIDS Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Entebbe, Uganda
- Samuel Okware
- Ministry of Health, Republic of Uganda, Kampala, Uganda
- Julius Lutwama, Barnabas Bakamutumaho, John Kayiwa
- Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: JST TKS MLK CGA STN. Performed the experiments: JST TKS MLK CGA SAR BB JK JAC. Analyzed the data: JST TKS MLK CGA SC SAR BB JK JAC PER TGK STN. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: JST TKS MLK CGA SC SAR PLQ WIL RD JWT SO JL BB JK JAC PER TGK STN. Wrote the paper: JST TKS CGA SAR STN.