About the Authors
- Tine Huyse, Katja Polman
- Institute of Tropical Medicine, Department of Parasitology, Antwerpen, Belgium
- Tine Huyse, Sarah Geldof
- Laboratory of Animal Diversity and Systematics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- Bonnie L. Webster, J. Russell. Stothard, David Rollinson
- Wolfson Wellcome Biomedical Laboratories, Department of Zoology, The Natural History Museum, London, United Kingdom
- Oumar T. Diaw
- Institut Sénégalais de Recherches Agricoles (ISRA), Bel Air, Dakar, Sénégal
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: TH BLW JRS. Performed the experiments: TH BLW SG OTD. Analyzed the data: TH BLW JRS. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: TH KP DR. Wrote the paper: TH BLW DR. Designed the multiplex PCR protocol and performed the fieldwork for the KUL part of the study: TH. Performed most part of the field work relating to CONTRAST: BLW. Played a role in the planning and organization of aspects of the field and laboratory work relating to CONTRAST: JRS. Coordinated the fieldwork relating to CONTRAST: OTD. Coordinated the fieldwork in Senegal and is in charge of the Senegalese field team; trained the field team and provided all material and working space in Senegal; provided useful suggestions for the manuscript: KP. Is in charge of the CONTRAST program in Senegal: DR.