About the Authors
- Alex Butschi, Michael O. Hengartner
- Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland
- Alexander Titz, Martin A. Wälti, Markus Aebi, Markus Künzler
- Institute of Microbiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland
- Vincent Olieric
- Swiss Light Source (SLS), Paul-Scherrer-Institute (PSI), Villigen, Switzerland
- Katharina Paschinger, Iain B. H. Wilson
- Department of Chemistry, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (BOKU), Vienna, Austria
- Katharina Nöbauer
- VetOMICS Core Facility for Proteomics & Metabolomics Studies, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
- Xiaoqiang Guo, Peter H. Seeberger
- Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: IBHW MA MOH MK. Performed the experiments: AB AT MAW VO KP XG. Analyzed the data: AB AT MAW VO KP XG. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: VO KN PHS IBHW MA MOH. Wrote the paper: MK. Performed the C. elegans toxicity assays, the Mos1 screen and the microscopy: AB. Performed the N-glycan analysis (with help of KP and KN) and the ITC measurements (with help of MAW): AT. Discovered the nematotoxicity of CGL2, purified CGL2 and produced the CGL2 crystals: MAW. Determined the X-ray structure: VO. Synthesized the trisaccharide: XG.