About the Authors
- Kenneth Plante, Eryu Wang, Rodion Gorchakov, Konstantin Tsetsarkin, Robert Seymour, Scott C. Weaver
- Institute for Human Infections and Immunity, Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, and Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, United States of America
- Charalambos D. Partidos, James Weger, Dan T. Stinchcomb
- Inviragen Inc, Madison, Wisconsin and Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America
- James Weger, Jorge E. Osorio
- Department of Pathobiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Erin M. Borland, Ann M. Powers
- Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America
- Ilya Frolov
- Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
CDP, JW and DTS are employees of Inviragen, Inc. DTS is a stockholder and board member of Inviragen, Inc. JEO is a consultant and stockholder of Inviragen, Inc. IF and SCW are inventors on a UTMB patent application describing IRES-attenuated alphavirus vaccines. Inviragen has obtained license to the patent for commercial development.
Conceived and designed the experiments: KP EW CDP RS DS JO IF SCW. Performed the experiments: KP EW CDP RG KT EMB AMP RS JW. Analyzed the data: KP EW CDP RG KT EMB AMP RS. Wrote the paper: KP RS SCW.