About the Authors
- Molly R. Perkins, Julia C. Liebner, Danielle Himelfarb, Annelys Roque, Heather L. Edward, Daniel C. Douek
- Human Immunology Section, Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
- Molly R. Perkins, Xiaoning Xu
- MRC Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Caroline Ryschkewitsch, Maria Chiara G. Monaco, Peter N. Jensen, Eugene O. Major
- Laboratory of Molecular Medicine and Neuroscience, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
- Sara Ireland, Gina Remington, Thomas Abraham, Jaspreet Abraham, Benjamin Greenberg, Nancy L. Monson, Elliot Frohman
- Department of Neurology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
- Charles Kaufman
- Louisiana Neurologic Consultants. Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States of America
- Chris LaGanke
- North Central Neurology, Cullman, Alabama, United States of America
I have read the journal's policy and have the following conflicts: Dr. Greenberg has received honoraria from the MSAA. He has received consulting fees from Sanofi Aventis, The Greater Good Foundation, Biogen Idec, Elan, Applied Clinical Intelligence and DioGenix. He holds equity in DioGenix, Inc. He receives grant support from the Guthy Jackson Charitable Foundation, Amplimmune and Accelerated Cure Project. Dr. Frohman has received speaker and consulting fees from Biogen Idec, TEVA, Novartis, and Acorda; and consulting fees from Abbott and Genzyme. This does not alter our adherence to all PLoS Pathogens policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: BG DCD EF EOM MRP XX. Performed the experiments: AR CK CL CR DH GR HLE JA JCL MCGM MRP PNJ SI TA. Analyzed the data: CK CL CR GR JA JCL MCGM MRP NLM TA. Wrote the paper: DCD EOM MRP. Gathered patient data and samples: BG CK CL CR EOM EF GR JA NM TA.