About the Authors
- Jamie J. Arnold, Suresh D. Sharma, Eric D. Smidansky, Craig E. Cameron
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Joy Y. Feng, Adrian S. Ray, Aesop Cho, Jason Perry, Jennifer E. Vela, Yeojin Park, Yili Xu, Yang Tian, Darius Babusis, Ona Barauskus, Weidong Zhong
- Gilead Sciences, Inc., Foster City, California, United States of America
- Maria L. Kireeva, Mikhail Kashlev
- Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, NCI, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
- Blake R. Peterson
- Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, United States of America
- Averell Gnatt
- Department of Pharmacology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
JYF, ASR, AC, JP, JEV, YP, YX, YT, DB, OB and WZ are current or former employees and shareholders of Gilead Sciences, Inc. that is responsible for the active clinical development of GS-7977 and has a partnership with Roche related to the development of mericitabine. JJA and CEC are collaborating with INDIGO Biosciences, Inc. for the development and distribution of mitochondrial toxicity assays. This does not alter our adherence to all PLOS Pathogens policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: JJA SDS JYF ASR EDS MLK MK WZ CEC. Performed the experiments: JJA SDS JYF ASR EDS MLK AC JP JEV YP YX YT DB OB. Analyzed the data: JJA SDS JYF ASR EDS MLK MK CEC. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: JYF ASR BRP AG MK WZ CEC. Wrote the paper: JJA JYF ASR EDS MLK CEC.