About the Authors
- Ursula Neu, Bärbel S. Blaum, Luisa J. Ströh, Thilo Stehle
- Interfaculty Institute of Biochemistry, University of Tübingen, Tübingen, Germany
- Stacy-ann A. Allen, Walter J. Atwood
- Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
- Bärbel S. Blaum, Thomas Peters
- Department of Chemistry, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
- Yan Liu, Angelina S. Palma, Ten Feizi
- Glycosciences Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- Martin Frank
- Biognos AB, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Thilo Stehle
- Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist. Dr. Martin Frank is employed by a company, Biognos AB in Gothenburg, Sweden. He declares that he does not have any financial, non-financial, professional or personal competing interests. His employment does not alter his and the other authors' adherence to all the PLOS PLoS Pathogens policies on sharing data and materials (as outlined in the guide for authors).
Conceived and designed the experiments: UN SAA BSB YL MF ASP TF WJA TS. Performed the experiments: UN SAA BSB YL MF ASP LJS. Analyzed the data: UN SAA BSB YL MF ASP LJS TF TP WJA TS. Wrote the paper: UN SAA BSB YL MF ASP TF WJA TS.